1. Physiology – How you carry your physical body. How you walk, look, and breathe. It all sends a message to your inner-self and the outside world.
2. Focus– “What we focus on we tend to attract.” As athletes we’ve all been there. Those times where things just don’t seem to go our way. Change what you focus on and you change how you perform.
3. Language– Internal and external language needs to be directed. Both are important but the internal language sets the stage for how you will perform at anything in life.
1. Physiology – First become aware of your body. Second repeat this mantra: “Head up, shoulders down, breathe normal.”
2. Focus – It comes down to asking yourself the right questions. During the pressure of the game we teach our players to ask this question: “How can I help my team?” It’s amazing how this one question changes your focus and makes it easier to perform.
3. Language – Become aware of your internal language. We teach our players to spend more time talking to themselves as opposed to listening to themselves. The best of the best incorporates positive self-talk.