Do I need an AAU membership?
- Only teams competing in the NJ State Tournament (only held during the Spring) will need to be AAU registered. Teams will be notified if this applies to them.
How many players are on a team?
- Maximum of 12 players may be on a team.
Do players get equal playing time?
- Playing time is based upon talent, commitment, game-time situations and other coaching decisions. Games are played to win.
Does everyone who tries out make the team?
- Not everyone will make a team. Players are selected by ability. We offer player development programs for those who are not ready for AAU.
Are there A and B teams?
- If enough players try out to make a second competitive team then a B team may be formed. In some cases two balanced teams will be made instead of A and B.
How Do I Know If I Made The Team?
- Teams will be posted on our web site – posting dates will be given at tryouts.
Who coaches the teams?
- Hoop Dreamz boasts a highly qualified and experienced staff of coaches and trainers who have competed and coached at high school and collegiate levels. Coaching Staff.
When are practices?
- Teams will have two 90 minute weekday practices. Practice schedules are not finalized until after tryouts and teams are formed. We do our best to accommodate scheduling requests.
Where are practices and games held?
- Practices and most games are held at Hoop Dreamz locations which include schools in Oradell, Westwood, Harrington Park and surrounding towns.
When are the tournaments?
- Tournaments are held on weekends, usually 2 games Saturday and 1 or 2 games on Sunday. Each team will attend different tournaments, which will be determined based on the team’s talent level.
Where are the tournaments?
- Tournaments are located at various facilities in the tri-state area within a one hour drive.
What is the commitment level?
- We are looking for committed players but understand how busy kids are so we are flexible when conflicts come up.
Can my child play another sport at the same time?
- Yes. We have many players who play multiple sports. Some conflicts may occur, but most players are able to attend the majority of the season.
What is your refund policy?
- No refunds are given but a credit will be issued if a player can no longer participate.