To honor the spirit of the Hoop Dreamz code we ask all players and parents to embrace “The 10 Commitments”.
- I will demonstrate that I can be trusted. I will care for my teammates and make a commitment to do my best everyday.
- I will respect the game which means showing good sportsmanship towards all players, coaches and officials.
- I will not whine, complain or make excuses when things do not go my way.
- I promise to be as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am of my own.
- I will listen to the best of my ability to my coaches and parents.
- I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy for all coaches, officials and spectators.
- I will abide by the “24 hour rule” which means not speaking to your coach about the game or your child’s playing time within 24 hours after a game.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during the games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
- I promise to be as enthusiastic about the success of other players as I am of my own child.
- I will not speak negatively about any of my child’s teammates.
By accepting and abiding by “The 10 Commitments” you demonstrate your support for the team. That is what will make the difference between success and failure.