HD 3 on 3 League
Program Details for Winter Season 2019:
- Tuesdays starting Nov. 19th
- at Bergen Catholic HS Oradell, NJ
- 6pm-7pm 3rd-5th Grades
- 7pm-8pm 7th-8th Grades
- 6 weekly sessions: Each session consists of 20 minutes of training followed by 40 minutes of playing
- Cost: $295
- Limited to the first 24 players per group no exceptions!
Session Dates: Nov. 19th, 26th*, Dec. 3rd, 10th, 17th, Jan. 7th
*Nov. 26th session only held at OLV in Harrington Park
5pm-6pm 3rd-5th graders & 6pm-7pm 6th-8th graders
No sessions Dec. 24th & 31st
Why Play 3 on 3?
Various sports have their own game modification: 2v2 volleyball, 4v4 soccer, 7-on-7 football. Why doesn’t basketball have its own game modification? Why do we only play 5 on 5?
3 on 3 basketball incorporates all of the game’s skills: dribbling, passing, shooting, footwork, defense. It also includes all of the tactical skills of the game: pass and cut, on-ball screen, off-ball screen, dribble handoff, penetration reaction, help and recover. 3 on 3 basketball eliminates all of the negatives towards long-term development: positions, zone defense, full-court press, set plays. 3 on 3 basketball also provides:
- Greater player involvement: Less players = more time possessing ball = greater opportunity to improve = greater enjoyment
- More random practice, leading to effective transfer to future games and more permanent changes in performance
- Removal of coach, playing time, officials