HD 3 on 3 League
Due to COVID-19 Spring Session I has been canceled. All registrants will be moved into Spring Session II.
Tuesdays starting March 17th
at Westwood Comm. Center
4:00pm-5:00pm 3rd-4th graders
5:00pm-6:00pm 5th-6th graders
6:00pm-7:00pm 7th-8th graders
- 6 weekly sessions: Each session consists of a full hour of training, playing and learning how to play the right way!
- Cost: $295
- Limited to the first 24 players per group no exceptions!
Spring Session I Dates (Tuesdays): Canceled due to COVID-19
Spring Session II Dates (Tuesdays): May 12th, 19th, 26th, June 2nd, June 9th, June 16th
Why Play 3 on 3?
Various sports have their own game modification: 2v2 volleyball, 4v4 soccer, 7-on-7 football. Why doesn’t basketball have its own game modification? Why do we only play 5 on 5?
3 on 3 basketball incorporates all of the game’s skills: dribbling, passing, shooting, footwork, defense. It also includes all of the tactical skills of the game: pass and cut, on-ball screen, off-ball screen, dribble handoff, penetration reaction, help and recover. 3 on 3 basketball eliminates all of the negatives towards long-term development: positions, zone defense, full-court press, set plays. 3 on 3 basketball also provides:
- Greater player involvement: Less players = more time possessing ball = greater opportunity to improve = greater enjoyment
- More random practice, leading to effective transfer to future games and more permanent changes in performance
- Removal of coach, playing time, officials