HD 3 on 3 League
Boys & Girls 3rd-8th Grades
Wednesdays starting Sept. 16th
OUTDOORS at Highland Park in Harrington Park
3:30pm-4:30pm 3rd-5th graders
4:30pm-5:30pm 6th-8th graders
- 6 weekly sessions: Each session consists of a full hour of training, playing and learning how to play the right way!
- Cost: $275
- Limited to the first 18 players per group no exceptions!
Fall Session Dates (Wednesdays): Sept. 16th, 23rd, 30th, Oct. 7th, 14th, 21st
Why Play 3 on 3?
Various sports have their own game modification: 2v2 volleyball, 4v4 soccer, 7-on-7 football. Why doesn’t basketball have its own game modification? Why do we only play 5 on 5?
3 on 3 basketball incorporates all of the game’s skills: dribbling, passing, shooting, footwork, defense. It also includes all of the tactical skills of the game: pass and cut, on-ball screen, off-ball screen, dribble handoff, penetration reaction, help and recover. 3 on 3 basketball eliminates all of the negatives towards long-term development: positions, zone defense, full-court press, set plays. 3 on 3 basketball also provides:
- Greater player involvement: Less players = more time possessing ball = greater opportunity to improve = greater enjoyment
- More random practice, leading to effective transfer to future games and more permanent changes in performance
- Removal of coach, playing time, officials