HD 3 on 3 League
Winter Session II starts Monday Jan. 13th! Registration is open!
- Mondays starting Jan. 13th
- at Bergen Catholic HS Oradell, NJ
- 6:30pm-7:30pm 3rd-8th grades (players split up based on grade and skill level)
- 6 weekly sessions: Each session consists of a full hour of training, playing and learning how to play the right way!
- Cost: $295
- Limited to the first 24 players per group no exceptions!
Winter Session I Dates (Tuesdays): Nov. 19th, 26th, Dec. 3rd, 10th, 17th, Jan. 7th
Winter Session II Dates (Mondays): Jan. 13th*, 20th, 27th, Feb. 3rd, 10th, 17th
*Jan. 13th only will be held at OLV in Harrington Park 6pm-7pm
Why Play 3 on 3?
Various sports have their own game modification: 2v2 volleyball, 4v4 soccer, 7-on-7 football. Why doesn’t basketball have its own game modification? Why do we only play 5 on 5?
3 on 3 basketball incorporates all of the game’s skills: dribbling, passing, shooting, footwork, defense. It also includes all of the tactical skills of the game: pass and cut, on-ball screen, off-ball screen, dribble handoff, penetration reaction, help and recover. 3 on 3 basketball eliminates all of the negatives towards long-term development: positions, zone defense, full-court press, set plays. 3 on 3 basketball also provides:
- Greater player involvement: Less players = more time possessing ball = greater opportunity to improve = greater enjoyment
- More random practice, leading to effective transfer to future games and more permanent changes in performance
- Removal of coach, playing time, officials