We are grateful to have the opportunity to work with such great kids and families and we are rewarded by their comments.
Just wanted to send a note to say how happy we were with the fall AAU season. This was Samantha's first year with Hoop Dreamz and she played with the 6th grade girls. Not only did she have an amazing time, her basketball skills have improved tremendously. We were very impressed with Coach Jasmine and Samantha is looking forward to the spring season!
Lauren and Mike - Washington Twp.
Good news for Jeremy, he made the TZHS basketball team and they said he has a good chance of getting on JV this year also (fingers crossed) - your training, confidence building and organization has had a great impact on him over the years. Our sincerest thanks, it means a lot to him and to us.
Susan & Mike - Blauvelt
Mike and I would like to take this opportunity and thank Mike Byrne for being such an amazing coach. Matthew learned so much from him. This was Matt's first time ever playing AAU and it was an incredible experience for all of us. Matt misses his coach and team already! Thank you and Billy for all your hard work. Very much appreciated for all that you do. Emily really enjoyed the Dream Academy. She is looking forward to playing CYO this year and using all her new knowledge that she learned.
Kerry & Mike - Blauvelt
Our son had the privilege of being on the 4th grade team this spring. We just wanted to thank you for an amazing experience. He learned so much about the game, the importance of being a good teammate, and sportsmanship. He looked forward to going to every practice and game and no matter how tired he was when he got home he would ask to go out and practice some more. Coach Mike did an amazing job and I enjoyed coming a little early to watch the end of practices. We look forward to Brian and his younger brother Daniel attending the camp this summer and being involved in aau in the fall.
Kerrie & Brian - Oradell
Lauren and Billy,
Thank you very much for the BC t-shirt you gave Mark yesterday. But more importantly, this note was written to both you to say, " thank you". A sincere thank you for reinforcing the values we try so hard to teach our children. You both contribute so much to this program. And it is because of your hard work, dedication and, by the examples you both set, that makes your program so special. The boys just think they are learning basketball skills but, we parents know they are learning so much more. Because of you both, our children are learning skills that will make them better adults. Thank you both for all you do.
Please know that every time Mark wears this shirt (and he will a lot), he will remember why he earned it: not because he made a winning basket at your camp but, because he was rewarded for doing the right thing. A true winner does the right thing each and every day and your shirt will be a reminder of that lesson. Thank you again.
Karen - Paramus
I came home to find my son had cleaned his room without being told! I ask him what happened and he said that Billy had said some things that made sense about taking responsibility. I had been saying things all along and it had not affect. He said those talks help. Keep up the good work!
Cherie - Leonia
Although we didn’t talk much during the season, I wanted to take a moment to really thank you for what you have done with the 7th White team this spring season. You really did an amazing job with the boys and I am certain, all of the parents saw great improvements with their respective child. I know I did with Nicholas.
As for Nicholas, he truly enjoyed being a part of the Hoop Dreamz organization/family and is anxious to tryout again for the fall season. Again, many thanks for all that HOOP DREAMZ does for our children.
Gina - Ridgefield Park
I am writing to express our sincere thanks for what turned out to be the best basketball experience for Brandon and Zachary in several years.While I don’t know much about how the game of basketball is played, I marveled at the fact that the boys learned and executed plays and formations. What we enjoyed the most is the level of competition and the dedication of the coaches, Coach Mike Byrne and Coach Chris Ward. These coaches were great!!! Please extend to them our thanks for teaching our boys how to work hard, play as a team, mature as ball players and, most of all, have fun. The camaraderie that both teams exhibited was a pleasure to watch. Lots of smiles, laughter; no long faces, anger, etc.
We were proud to be a part of the Hoop Dreamz family this season and look forward to an opportunity in the near future for Brandon and Zachary to accept a new challenge with the Hoop Dreamz Program.
Tom and Dawn - River Vale
I just wanted to send you both a quick thank you for setting up the OC trip. It was a great experience. The boys had an opportunity to spend the weekend together, as well as experience different competition. Nick had a great time and he loves being part of Hoop Dreamz. It really has been great for his self confidence and his overall growth.
You run the best youth sports program out there! Thanks again!
Tony - New City
My sons Brian and Danny just finished your camp and loved it. You guys do such an amazing job I can't say enough good things about the week! Brian won the Mr. Hustle award and was so excited.
Kerrie - Oradell
I wanted to let you know that I have nothing but praise for you and your organization. Thanks for all you do and I look forward to seeing my son play for your organization for many years to come.
Sandra - Leonia
I want to thank Billy, Lauren, Chris and the Hoop Dreamz team for a great season. In my opinion, the program is teaching exactly the right content, ranging from seeing the court and not being afraid of flesh-to-flesh contact to respect for coaches and parents and trust in your teammates. The boys made friends, got great coaching, improved their games and had fun. It is what youth sports is all about. The lessons I personally learned by attending every practice will be passed along to the Woodcliff Lake Travel Team this Winter. Thanks again.
Steve - Woodcliff Lake
I just wanted to reach out to you and thank you for another great season at Hoop Dreamz. This year our goal was to let Ben play the game he loves and also prepare him for the school team try-out. This morning we found out he made the team. We are so happy for him and so grateful to you, Chris and all the other coaches for their guidance.
We appreciate the positive way you and your staff coach Ben. His confidence on the court has grown tremendously. He knew walking into school today that he deserved to be on the team, whether he made it or not. Thanks again.
Michele - Closter
We have been very impressed by your program from both a skills development perspective as well as sportsmanship. Outstanding in the true sense of the word. Thank you!
Jenn - Oradell
I want to start off by thanking you for a great season of basketball.
Jesse has learned so much from your coaching and has enjoyed every minute, whether sitting on the bench, cheering on his teammates or on the court playing his heart out. I had no intention of putting him on a spring AAU team but I am very happy I put him on Hoop Dreamz and would love to see Jesse grow up in your program. Jesse is a kid who strives to be a better player and win games and and I can think of no better place for him to be, then working with you and Hoop Dreamz. I appreciate all your hard work with the boys I see what you do for them, in every practice and game
Paul - Woodcliff lake
Billy - Have a great season with Bergen Catholic and thank you for all you did and continue to do for both our girls. Your work and Frank's work always shines through them. We always feel very sad in the fall when they all move on to their winter teams. You guys create more than just players you create a warm and caring atmosphere for all in that gym. You guys especially with my middle one Angeanette have created lasting friendships and a feeling of family. For all this and so much more I thank you both.
With our appreciation always,
Sandie and David - Montvale
From the moment we heard you were coaching this team Marty, Charlie and I were thrilled for Charlie to have the oppotunity to learn from a coach of your caliber. If it wasn't obvious already, we want you to know how much we truly appreciate all you have done this season for the development of Charlie and the team. You clearly have a genuine concern for the deveopment and success of each child you instruct. Charlie has enjoyed being part of your team and has learned so much...and we've enjoyed watching from the sidelines. Thanks.
Casey - Upper Saddle River
- Dean made the A team and I just wanted to say thank you for everything. He enjoyed playing for you and being on your team. His skill has come a long way since he started playing for you. We look forward to seeing you in the spring. Good luck this season with your high school team. Cheryl - Tenafly
Thanks for all the time you have taken to work with Thomas and his team. Thomas has always loved the game (even decided to drop soccer next year for it) and as we previously noted, his passion to play has grown even more since being part of your program. Thanks again.
Mike and Regina - Oradell
My wife and I are very appreciative of all your efforts, your camps and all of your basketball programs have instilled in our children and their friends. I know my three boys have benefited tremendously. These 3rd grade boys have learned so much and have played tremendously well together this entire season. I can speak for my son, who is eager to learn from your tutelage and your passion for the game. I don't know the game, and all I can ask for and hope for is that his Basketball IQ has increased and continues to grow with every practice, game and season.
You have been there for every step of the way, and again we are very appreciative that you took the time to coach this team. We have been completely satisfied as always with every spring/fall basketball season. Onward and upward with HD.
Rob - Leonia
Our boys are extremely fortunate to not only be a part of the Hoop Dreamz program but to have you as their coach. I've known you for a very long time and have seen you grow not only as a BB player and later as a coach but as a great kid who developed into a terrific person. They have been taught by you to stand tall and not whine or complain when things are not going their way. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished with this team and we couldn't be more pleased with the coaching and direction Owen and all the boys are receiving this season.
Mike - Harrington Park
You did a tremendous job with the boys this season. The boys did a fabulous job and you should be very proud of what you accomplished. You and Lauren do a great job with the program and have all our confidence and support of Hoop Dreamz. We could not be prouder to have two of our children be apart of the Hoop Dreamz family. It is a excellent program and could not be happier.
Caroline and Thomas have enormous respect for you and the program. We owe this exclusively to you, Lauren, and all the coaches.
Colleen & Michael - Oradell
I am blown away by Billy's enthusiasm and attention to detail during a game! He uses every teachable moment and my daughter Michaela has and will benefit greatly from it! You do a terrific job! Thank you.
Jeannie - Paramus
We wanted to tell you how happy we are with the program this spring. Mike Byrne is doing a phenomenal job with the boys and they have been so much fun to watch. I think all the parents are really enjoying all the games and how much the boys are developing under Mike's tutelage.
Mike - Harrington Park
Just wanted to let you know, both my boys, John 8th grade and Kyle 6th grade both really enjoyed the camp and learned more
than I could imagine. I watched them play the weekend after and hardly recognized them. We are lucky to have such a professionally
run camp so close.
John - Sparkill NY
We can't begin to thank you for all that you did for Liam this past season. He learned a tremendous amount from you and truly respected your overall approach with the team. You taught them how to play the game the right way, held them accountable for their assignments, challenged them to be the best they could be and more importantly, did so in a manner that fueled their passion for the games, scrimmages or practices. Liam always walked off the court with a smile on his face which is a great testament to your ability to reach kids at all levels whether it be 7th graders or kids in High School! We remain committed to the program and will have him attend Billy's weekly group work out lessons so he can carry the momentum forward into next season.
Amy & Gerald - Harrington Park
Billy, Lauren, Frank,
Thank you all for a great season! Madison really enjoyed your coaching and being part of the team. Have a great winter! The Seelman's - Westwood
Wow, today's win over Riverside was amazing. Billy's coaching was the key factor! He gets these kids to play at their highest level. And, he just outright out-coaches the opponent. The play calling was magnificent. Really proud of them today. Both today and last weekend were really great displays of this 8th grade team.
Thanks again for another great season. We'll see you this week at camp. And, of course, won't be long til we're gearing up for Fall again. Lori - Park Ridge
I would like you to know what your program has done for our son in just one summer. Last year, our son played for your summer AAU team. It was his first time being a part of Hoop Dreamz. In that short amount of time, he learned more than he ever did playing for an entire two seasons on travel. This past season, he played for the town rec team and they went undefeated and were featured in the local paper. He played in every single game and was a starter in a number of games. He also played for the St. Andrew’s travel team where he was a starter in every game and was chosen to represent his age group in the CYO All Stars game.
The CYO season wasn’t a great one, but he didn’t care because all he cared about was being given an opportunity to play no matter the results in the end. Other parents noticed how much he has developed as a player and we’ve told ALL of them it was your program. I know part of it has to do with maturity, but a big part of it was being part of a program that allowed him to develop as player. I’ve included two pictures because the smile on his face says it all. Again…many congrats. Thanks! Almida - Westwood
- My son Matt had a great experience with the Hoop Dreamz and he learned a lot from you. Matt wasn’t a great player but he did have a nice career at Park Ridge HS, starting 2 years and being captain as a senior. Your training helped turn him into a solid Group 1 point guard who played tough aggressive man defense: we appreciate what you did for Matt. Tom - Park Ridge
- Coach Chris Connelly, It has been a great experience for him and he loves playing for you. I think he has learned a lot and you have managed to guide and help him make better decisions without discouraging him. Thank you and I hope to see you next season. Henry - Verona
- Thanks to you and Billy for all the great years of basketball. We can't believe he started back with 10u and now is finishing up. He has become a better player because of Billy and Hoop Dreamz. We look forward to seeing you during the HS season. The Kellys - Park Ridge
- Frank, Billy and Lauren - Just wanted to drop you a short note to say thank you again for the spring season. For me, the success of the program is measured by Jack's desire to go to practice - and he always wanted to go. After every practice he told me that he learned something and had fun. Have a great summer. Bill - Oradell
- Just wanted to thank you for a great season. Alison thoroughly enjoyed HoopDreamz ...awesome coaching with a great group of girls and nice parents made it a great experience. Plan on doing some summer camps and will be back in the fall! Kathy and Pat - Nutley
- What a wonderful season I've had. I learned a lot physically and mentally. I am glad I joined Hoop Dreamz. It was both hard work and fun! Thank you. Sofia - River Edge
- You have always steered me in the right direction and have always wanted the best for me. Playing basketball for you was a great experience, you were by far the best coach I've ever had. You're a great role model and I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate everything you've done for me. If I don't see you, have a safe and healthy summer. Sean - River Vale
- I would also like to comment on what a professional and well-run program you've put together. It's extremely well organized! Chris has gotten a lot out of playing AAU this spring. Joanne - Norwood
- I wanted to personally thank you and your staff for such a great summer of basketball. There are many "Billy-ism's" being repeated around our home (e.g., turn my weaknesses into strengths) and it just reinforces my belief that having Brendan participate in your programs is so worthwhile. Thanks again for all the energy, time and effort you put into Hoop Dreamz! Holly – West Nyack
- I also wanted to thank the coaches for their commitment and hard work. I especially want to thank Coach Billy. I, admittedly, am limited in my knowledge about basketball, but I do know when someone is inspirational and provides strong, clear, appropriately demanding guidance. Billy really pushes the boys to be the best that they can be and beyond basketball, has helped provide life lessons of right and wrong within the context of his coaching. Thanks again for a great season. Wendy – Norwood
- I know being able to train with you and to become the basketball player that I did was such an incredible opportunity, for me not just as a basketball player, but as a person in general. I always feel so lucky that I got to have those one-on-one lessons; through them and all the AAU and Hoop Dreamz leagues, I think I really learned how to be completely dedicated to something, and to never, ever give up. Again, it was such an amazing experience being able to play with you and learn from you - inspiring me much within and beyond basketball. For all that, I can only say thank you so much! Ryan – Montvale
- We are so thankful for “HOOP DREAMZ” – and especially Billy – we are so grateful that Eric (and Greg) has learned so much from Billy and reinforced the values that they take with them when they play school team sports. Leading by example, “trust, care, commitment” – those life lessons Eric is getting from Billy and the same values his dad is teaching Greg and Eric with 54 other Boy Scouts! But when I talk to Eric about “trust” and “respect”, it’s not usually Boy Scouts that come to mind first, but “that’s what Billy teaches”! Fong – Allendale
I wanted to send this email as an extra special THANK YOU to Hoop Dreamz as Gunther made the travel team (as an alternate) but MOST importantly, he made the River Dell Middle School basketball team!! He found out on Friday and that was a great birthday gift for him! Please let Billy and Mike know as this has been Gunther’s goal since last year.
My husband and I would like to personally thank Billy and Mike for their commitment to the kids they train and the overall experience they provide.
The Dream Academy was probably one of the best things we’ve ever spent our money on. Gunther gained so much from this and not only improved his basketball skills but his overall attitude. Hoop Dreamz can work these kids and teach them everything to play basketball but the kids have to want to learn and grow and we believe that Gunther was a prime example of a kid willing to improve, listen and learn and that is why it was so successful! This is not the last time you will hear from us and we will definitely be back! Please make sure Billy & Mike know this and we thank you all for your support. Amy – River Edge
- I've attended several practices and find Frank to be extremely knowledgeable, patient, appropriately demanding and highly approachable. I think Jack is learning a ton about basketball and about the "attention to details" that will make him successful on and off the court. Bill – Oradell
- Coach Chris Connelly - I just wanted to thank you for all you are doing with the team and for Noah. You seem to have found a way to get them to rise to the occasion for most of the games, as evidenced by a hard fought final game Sunday. Noah is highly engaged and really motivated to give his all for you. I see you on the sidelines coaching them, encouraging them, teaching them and at the right times raising the emotion level to get their heads back in the game. You have shown me how a caring coach who understands teenagers and really knows basketball can make a big difference. You also seem to have a good read on the boys, moving them in and out seemlessly and in a very fair and balanced way. I am really happy you are Noah's coach. Jeff – Woodcliff Lake
- We had a great summer, thank you. I hate to see it come to an end. I can't express how much we appreciate you coaching them. They have learned so much and think the world of you as a player and a person. You have taught them much more than basketball. Tom & Christine – Allendale
- Just wanted to write an email to Coach Atom Johnston. Just wanted to let him know I have been watching his coaching style and find it refreshing after all the coaches that Daniel has had in the past. Daniel has been involved with Basketball since 1st grade and has NEVER had a coach who is more positive and motivating than his coach now. His positive reinforcement during the game is great. His teaching for "life" are more valuable than he knows. It is great to see this, I wish all the other coaches Daniel had could take a lesson from him. I would appreciate it if you could pass this email along to him. Thank you, see you over the weekend. Lisa – Orangeburg
- I’ve been meaning to send you a note to let you know how happy I am that Billy decided to have a 16U team this season. I know he was undecided about doing it but it has turned out to be such a great season. Coach Chris has been remarkable. His enthusiasm, dedication and commitment to the team is visible at every game and practice. He has been able to motivate them and bring them together like no other coach, (with the exception of Billy, of course!) has been able to do. You are really lucky to have him as part of your team! I hope that Thomas enjoys his high school season as much as he is enjoying the fall, and I certainly hope Hoop Dreamz will have a high school team in the Spring. I know Thomas will want to continue playing in the Spring. Thanks for everything. Marilyn - Bergenfield
- Coach Chris Connelly - I just want to thank you for a great spring season. Watching the boys from the beginning to this weekend, they all seemed to have improved. On a personal note, I’m very happy with Timmy’s improvement. You’ve shown great patience (I’m sure it’s not easy at times) with the team and I hope all the parents are happy and pleased with the coaching job you did as we are. Rich - Ridgewood
- Coach Chris Connelly - Just wanted to express my gratitude for this past season. You were great for these kids and Tristan certainly grew as a player under your tutelage. Tristan seems to have finally found his confidence. We are proud of him. He loves this team too. What a great group of kids! He really likes playing for you. You are by far the best coach Tristan has had during the years playing with Hoop Dreamz and we are not the only parents who feel like this. Thank you!!! Patrick – Old Tappan
- Coach Chris Connelly - Mike has gotten a tremendous amount out of this season working under your guidance and playing with the other guys on the team. They all have really come a long way since that first day in March. Mike really enjoys playing for you and likes your coaching style compared to other’s he has played for. Bob - Oakland
I personally want to thank you for coaching and how good you were for the boys. John has had many coaches during the past 5 years and no one has ever exhibited the patience and encouragement that you showed these boys at every game. I hope that your paths will cross again someday. He will be trying out for the Freshman basketball team at Don Bosco, after Thanksgiving. I wish all the best in your future with basketball. Anne - Mahwah
- I want to thank Billy and Frank for a great season and a great time! Justin has learned so much from the 2 of you it is amazing! I think the 2 of you are unbelievable coaches and role models for all the kids. We will always recommend and keep coming back to your program! Neil - Paramus
- Just a quick note to say thank you for your support of Colin and the U11 White team this Fall season. I could see lots of progress in Colin from the early part of the season all the way up to the championship game last night. Nothing like lots of court time to improve on the game. Also, Colin did not know any of the boys prior to the season and it took a little time for him to get comfortable, but as the season went on you could see Colin and all of the boys were more comfortable with each other and each other’s play as time went on too. They did well to jell as a team. Thanks again for all your support…Please pass my thanks onto Coach Mike as well, he deserves lots of the thanks too. Paul – Washington Twp.
- Just wanted tell you that Kevin had a great time playing in the HD league. This was his first time playing in a team with all good players from different towns. I think he got much better than the beginning of the season, and he has more confidence now. Thank you for your hard work and great coaching by Coach Mike Shaughnessy. Yaoko - Ridgefield
- Just wanted to give you some positive feedback on Mike. We think he is an excellent teacher/mentor and Robert really responds well to him. He is a great addition to your staff. He brings the same positive energy that Billy gives all the kids, which we feel is really an invaluable asset. Rob - Montvale
- Billy I just wanted to take a minute and write to you about Evan. I thought you might like to know that Evan was successful in making his middle school team this year. As you may recall he didn't make it last year. I strongly believe that your program and you personally stepping out of the box and giving him an opportunity to play for your AAU team as well as all the skills practices made a big difference. I am sure we will be seeing you again. Have a great holiday season. Paul - Orangeburg
- Thank you for such a great AAU season. Connor truly improved as a player and team member. Our coaches were great and I loved watching them interact with the team off the court. They were wonderful with the boys. Also thank you for being so organized and keeping things so updated. You run a very nice organization/program. Thank you! Pam – Closter
- Thank you for a great fall season. I really noticed a significant improvement in Ben's game. In addition to improving his overall skills I noticed a higher level of intensity and an eagerness to compete. Thank you for always encouraging him. He is looking forward to playing for you in the Winter and Spring seasons. Adam - Closter
- We would like to thank you for giving Andy an opportunity to play in a team! He really enjoyed it and made friends! Your work and enthusiasm is truly admirable! Thank you again, have a great Summer. Marina - Tenafly